Thirsty Thursday: 7 Essential Summer Cocktails
For those summer days and nights that are just made better with a cold cocktail in hand, we’ve compiled some incredible drink recipes that you have to try out.
This drink has summer nights written all over it. Perfect for any warm evening.
- 1 oz Del Maguey ‘Vida’ mezcal
- .5 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- .5 oz yuzu juice
- .25 oz ginger juice
- .5 oz raspberry syrup
- Hefeweizen beer
Shake and strain, then top with hefeweizen beer and garnish with 3 skewered frozen raspberries. Serve with straw and thin rim of froth at the rim.
It doesn’t get much more refreshing than a mojito, and with added blackberries, you get a little extra hint of tang and sweetness.
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- handful fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup light rum
- Crushed ice
- club soda
- Combine blackberries in small bowl and gently muddle
- Place leaves in bottom of drinking glass, then spoon an equal portion of blackberry mixture on top
- Add rum, sugar, and lime juice and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Top with crushed ice and another mint leaf
Sweet Tea Sangria
This classic favorite is given a sweet Southern-infusion, making it the perfect drink to sip on during summer.
- 1 750-ml. bottle white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 4 cup sweet tea
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 2 cup sliced frozen peaches
- 2 cup raspberries
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Combine wine, sweet tea, triple sec, frozen peaches, and raspberries in large pitcher
- Stir until combined well, then refrigerate until chilled
- Serve with a mint leave for garnish
Pina Colada Mimosas
The tropical vibes are strong with this cocktail, making it the perfect poolside drink to sip on.
- 1 c. sugar
- Pineapple wedge, for rimming glasses
- 1 c. pineapple juice
- 1/2 c. coconut rum
- 1 bottle prosecco
- Pineapple slices, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Pour sugar into a small dish. Rim glasses with pineapple wedges, then dip into sugar
- Pour ¼ cup pineapple juice and 2 ounces of coconut rum into champagne glass, then add a splash of prosecco
- Garnish top with pineapple slice and a cherry
This ultra crisp drink is the perfect adult take on lemonade.
- 2 oz. of high quality vodka
- 3 oz. fresh squeezed lemonade
- Cucumber slices
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Shake vodka and lemonade thoroughly
- Slice up cucumber and add in with mixture
- Squeeze lemon in, then garnish with an extra wedge
Brunch rum punch
Rum is a quintessential summer liquor, and this drink seamlessly blends light and dark into a well-balanced, refreshing cocktail.
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tbsp. grenadine
- Orange slice
- Seltzer, optional
- Mix all liquids together in a large pitcher and stir well
- Fill glasses with ice, then pour rum mixture in.
- Garnish each glass with an orange slice
Blue Lagoon Margaritas
These margaritas have a cool blue appearance thanks to the Blue Curacao liqueur, which also gives it a nice citrusy flavor.
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges
- Coarse salt, for rimming glasses
- 1/4 c. Blue Curacao
- 3 oz. tequila
- 3 oz. triple sec
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- 1 can seltzer
- 2 c. ice
- 1. Rim two glasses with lime and salt
- Combine liquids into glasses and stir
- Top with a spritz of seltzer, and garnish with a lime wedge