Thirsty Thursday: Blackberry Smash
The Kentucky Derby is right around the bend (
PB’s Mavericks Beach Club features a refreshing Blackberry Smash beverage, which incorporates all the best flavors associated with the Kentucky Derby. Bourbon, fresh blackberry, mint and fresh lemon juice – stop in try this invigorating and berry-delicious cocktail or try your hand at crafting the libation yourself using the recipe below!
Courtesy of Mavericks Beach Club
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 3 oz. blackberries
- 3 oz. mint sprigs (leaves)
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Splash of soda
- Mint sprig, lemon wheel and powdered sugar for garnish
- In a shaker, gently muddle mint leaves, blackberries and simple syrup.
- Add bourbon and lemon juice and shake with ice.
- Pour contents into a pint glass (do not strain) and top with the splash of soda.
- Stir, and garnish with mint sprig, lemon wheel and powdered sugar.
You can lead a horse to water and…drink delicious cocktails? However you want to say it, the Blackberry Smash cocktail at Mavericks Beach Club is downright delectable and you don’t want to miss your chance to try it for yourself.