San Diego Museum Month runs through February
Grab the kids, family, and friends and get ready for a month of interactive learning at San Diego museums. The San Diego’s Annual Museum Month is heading into its 27th year and Macy’s Museum Month gives San Diego locals and tourists the opportunity to discover 40 different Museums in the area at a discounted rate. The San Diego Museum Council in San Diego is a great source of information.
Participants can pick up a Macy’s Museum Month Pass at any area Macy’s store to enjoy half-off admission to all of the participating San Diego Museum Council member museums through the entire month of February. This popular program applauds San Diego’s rich arts and culture destinations while highlighting the amazing contributions of the local museum community.
The roster of museums spans from the Birch Aquarium at Scripps, USS Midway Museum, The New Children’s Museum, Museum of Making Music, Japanese Friendship Garden, San Diego Museum of Art, San Diego Natural History Museum, to much more.
Participating museums include:
- Adobe Chapel
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Bonita Museum & Cultural Center
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Fleet Science Center, Galleries only
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Junipero Serra Museum
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, Downtown
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- New Americans Museum
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- The New Children’s Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Tijuana Estuary Visitors Center
- Timken Museum of Art
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Carrillo Ranch House & Museum
- Water Conservation Garden
- Whaley House Museum
- Women’s Museum of California
“San Diego is a rich arts and culture destination and we couldn’t be more proud to celebrate Macy’s Museum Month,” said Theresa Kosen, executive director of the San Diego Museum Council. “The heart of our local museum community blossomed in Balboa Park over a century ago and today we stand as an extraordinary footprint of museums located as far north as the Oceanside Museum of Art in the City of Oceanside and south toward the Tijuana Estuary at the International border. Our thanks go to sponsors like Macy’s who make February an exciting time to visit San Diego’s museums.”
Macy’s Museum Month was created in 1989 to promote awareness of the region’s museums, historical sites, educational institutions, and cultural offerings.
This month-long promotion has grown to become a cultural tradition unrivaled in the United States. Last year nearly 30,000 visitors used a Macy’s Museum Month Pass to enjoy half-priced admissions at San Diego area museums.
WHEN: February 1–28, 2017
WHERE: San Diego Museum Council member museums throughout San Diego county. Museum Month passes may be picked up at any of the 15 Macy’s locations in the San Diego area, including Temecula and Imperial Valley.
HOW: Individuals can pick up a free Macy’s Museum Month pass at local Macy’s stores throughout February to receive half off admission at more than 40 San Diego County museums. Guests with a pass may bring up to three people to participating museums to receive half-off admission for the entire party. Additional fees may apply for special exhibitions and events at participating museums.
MORE MUSEUM INFO: CLICK HERE