Easter Events in San Diego
Easter is this Sunday, but much of the celebration in San Diego County begins tomorrow and Saturday! Whether you like to spend the day at home with family, attend a service, enjoy a delicious brunch, hunt for eggs on an extravagant quest–or any combination of the above, check out the special Easter events (many of them FREE) that San Diego has to offer!
- The Easter EGGstravaganza features food, crafts, prizes, inflatable fun and of course thousands of plastic eggs. This event, held Saturday at 10:00AM, is perfect for kids under 12.
- If you’re a diver looking for adventure, take part in the Annual Underwater Easter Egg Hunt and Pancake Breakfast at La Jolla Shores Beach on Saturday from 8:00AM to noon. Not a certified diver? Not to worry, there will be a Children’s Easter Egg Hunt and you certainly don’t need a diver’s license to enjoy the piping hot pancakes.
- If you want to take your kids to a more traditional community egg hunt, check out the Spring Fling at Morley Field Sports Complex or the Easter mEGGa Hunt at the Scottish Rite Masonic Event Center on Saturday. For an early start, you can attend the Spring Egg Hunt at the Cadman Recreation Center or the Spring Egg Hunt at Adams Recreation Center on Friday. Don’t forget to bring your own basket! To find an Easter Egg Hunt near you, check out The San Diego Union Tribune’s detailed directory here.
There will also be plenty of services throughout San Diego County:
- 27th Annual Easter Sunrise Service in Balboa Park at the beautiful Spreckels Organ Pavilion. The service begins at 6:30AM and is hosted by major area churches and the Ecumenical Council of San Diego.
- Mt. Helix Easter Sunrise Service on top of East County’s Mt. Helix, a tradition since 1920. The service begins at 6:30AM.
- Encinitas Sunrise Service at The Seaside Center for Spiritual Living, hosted by Meditation Garden at 6:00AM, followed by an Easter breakfast.
- Point Loma Kiwanis Easter Sunrise Service at the Cabrillo National Monument.
- Easter Worship and Family Fun at First United Methodist Church at 9:30AM
- The Rock Church offers services on both Saturday and Sunday at various times throughout the day
San Diego Easter Brunches:
- Easter Sunday at The Hotel Del Coronado offers food, entertainment and fun for the whole family. There will also be egg hunts on the Windsor Lawn. Brunch guests should register by April 2nd.
- Italian Easter Celebration at SOLARE in Sunny Liberty Station.
- Go all out and enjoy Easter Champagne Brunch on a Hornblower Cruise, featuring an appearance from the Easter Bunny.
For something a little different, check out Hillcrest Farmers Market on Easter Sunday at 9:00AM. San Diego’s oldest and most celebrated Farmer’s Market will offer Easter arts and crafts for all ages.
Regardless of what you choose to do, have a fun and safe holiday with your loved ones. Here at the Entertainer we wish you a Happy Easter, San Diego!