Thirsty Thursday: The Golden Gate from Route 29
In the craft of bartending, presentation is everything. Inspired by Napa Valley, Route 29 brings to San Diego this show-stopping Golden Gate recipe, a fan favorite at the newly opened, trendsetting downtown destination. We teamed up the Gaslamps’s newest eatery to share with our readers this innovative and flavorful drink.
Raise a glass to fresh fruity flavors, unique ingredients, and the art of the cocktail with this cocktail, a must-try. At this Napa Valley-inspired farm-to-table concept, prepare to be immersed in the essence of the wine country’s iconic, rustic-modern vibes with wood, iron and copper décor and open-kitchen design.
The Golden Gate is just one of many on the impressive line-up of artfully prepared signature cocktails. Brought to life by experienced Venezuelan Bar Manager Marcelo Amaya, this photo-worthy cocktail combines organic tequila with passion fruit, organic turmeric ginger carrot juice, tart lime, and agave with the rich texture of egg whites for a vibrant appearance and well-rounded flavor unlike any other. Step into fall with this fruity yet earthy cocktail and impress your friends at your next dinner party – this one is sure to be a hit.
The Golden Gate
Recipe courtesy of Route 29
- 1 1⁄4 oz Azuñia Blanco Organic Tequila
- 1 oz Passion Fruit
- 3/4 oz Turmeric ginger carrot juice
- 1oz Passion fruit
- 1/5 Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Egg whites
- 1⁄2 oz Agave
- Dehydrated Lemon for garnish
- Put all ingredients in a shaker and dry shake first because of egg whites. (You will need to get the foamy egg white texture with all ingredients)
- Add ice to the shaker and shake again until it has a cold and creamy texture.
- Pour drink into a Golden coupe and finish.
- Add three drops of Angostura bitters on top of the foamy layer.
- Using a pick, slice through each drop to get a heart shape.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lemon wheel and golden pearl pick.