San Diego’s Best Water Sports and Where to Book Them
Summer is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy swimming, surfing, and every water sport activity San Diego has to offer. SD Entertainer has found the best options for water sport activities at an inexpensive price. Make sure to try out these water sports, so you can check off these activities from your summer 2017 bucket list.
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak Tour – For about $40, you can enjoy a two hour kayak tour through the unique caves in the gorgeous La Jolla. With your expert guide, you can paddle as you observe the numerous species of birds, dolphins, and sea lions that inhabit the area.
- Stand-up paddle board lesson – If you’ve never paddle boarded before, this might just become your new favorite hobby. Practice a bit in Mission Bay with an intro class, or if you feel comfortable, checkout SUP rentals in La Jolla. The coastal waters provide a little more challenge and the views are beautiful.
- Flyboard lessons in San Diego – This water sport lesson is more expensive than the others ($120 for a half-hour), however, it might be worth it because you can fly above the water. It’s one of the more thrilling water sports you can try in San Diego, so give it a go.
- Surfing lessons – If you’re from San Diego, I’m certain you’ve gotten the question, “Do you surf?” After taking these lessons, you might be able to respond “yes” without having to lie. Try these out and have some fun in the sun. There are also camps that are available, which would be a fun activity for your kids.
- Jet skiing – Check out rentals at Mission Bay, where you can find jet ski rentals that are a ton of fun. Not only is this a fun and adventurous way to enjoy the water, but there is also a beautiful view as far as the eyes can see. Lessons are given at an hourly rate.
Water sports are in abundance in pretty much any beach town from Imperial Beach to Oceanside. Whatever you decide to do, take time for yourself to relax, enjoy some thrills and spend time with those you love.