Recipes To Take Your Super Bowl Party to the Next Level
The Super Bowl is right around the corner, and if you’re planning on throwing a party, you’re going to want the tastiest snacks to take it to the next level. Use these mouth-watering recipes to propel yourself to the upper echelons of Super Bowl party hosting.
Mini Mac Burgers
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef chuck
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Colby-Jack cheese or favorite cheese
- 16 pickle slices
- Gem lettuce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon low-sugar ketchup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onions, salt, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix until combined.
- Roll beef into 1 ½ ounce balls, then lightly press down to make a mini-burger patty
- Place onto baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes
- Mix all dipping sauce ingredients into bowl
- Remove patties from the oven, and cut cheese slices into squares and place on patties.
- Skewer patties with pickles and lettuce
Melty Beer Cheese Dip
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 12 oz bottle of beer
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp cayenne, or more to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- In a small bowl, mix together shredded cheese and cornstarch
- Add beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and spice in saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat
- Reduce heat to medium low, and slowly add cheese and cream cheese in three batches. Be sure to whisk well after each batch added
- Once melted and smooth, serve immediately with your dipping foods of choice.
Baked Jalapeno Popper Mac n Cheese
Total time: 50 min
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 box (16 oz) dried short cut pasta (
cavatappi, elbow, rotini, penne, etc)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2-3 fresh jalapeños, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature (and cubed)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded or diced white American cheese, divided (white cheddar can also be used)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon, divided
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in panko and stir around until it is browna
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and lightly spray 9 x 13 qt baking dish with cooking spray. Meanwhile, boil water and cook pasta until 1 minute shy of al dente. Toss some olive oil into pasta to prevent sticking
- Add butter to a large saucepan and heat over medium flame. Add jalapenos and onion and mix for 2 minutes. Add in garlic, then mix for another minute.
- Add flour and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then pour in heavy cream and milk, whisking to prevent clumping.
- Add in cream cheese and stir until melted into the sauce. Add in most of mozarella and white American cheese, and continue stirring until all melted. Add in spices and stir
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked pasta, cheese sauce, and most of the bacon. Stir it all together and pour into prepared dish. Top with remaining cheese, sprinkle with panko, and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with garnished jalapenos.