Entertainment & Events
New Years Resolutions, the “It” spots to celebrate, and more!
Well its time to say goodbye to 2016, and a lot of us are busy making our resolutions and trying to find the perfect party dress for the biggest weekend to be celebrated.
It’s hard to decide what to do with your friends and family since we just wrapped up Christmas, but if it’s resolution suggestions, workout tips to bring in the New Year, Shopping, or where you and your friends should spend New Year’s Eve you’ve come to the right place!
Let’s do this 2017.
New Years Eve Parties
Don’t Drop the Ball this NYE with these Fun Spots to Go Out
It’s time to make one the year one to remember! That’s why San Diego’s hottest bars and restaurants are welcoming the New Year with parties that will make saying goodbye to 2016, that much sweeter. From champagne dinners to multi-level floors and top San Diego DJs, you won’t want to miss these NYE parties ringing in midnight in style.
Ring in the New Year at one of Gaslamp’s most electric and eclectic destinations.
- Florent will be hosting a New Year’s Eve dinner with a specialty menu created by Executive Chef Brad Hightow. Patrons can get the party going with two levels of NYE celebrations, including an exclusive lower level lounge and featured music by top California DJs, Dj Shadowman and Taylor Michael. Tickets are starting at $35. For more information on reservations and tickets, visit: http://www.florentsd.com/nye2017.
Why just ring in the New Year with champagne, when you can ring in 2017 with champagne and whiskey!?
- Whiskey Girl’s Masquerade Ball will feature a champagne buffet dinner from 7 to 9 p.m., followed by an epic night of hits with Channel 93.3’s DJ Marc Thrasher and Romeo Gibbs. Early Bird tickets for entry start at $25 and $40 for buffet. Tickets include party favors, entry and a confetti pop at midnight. For more information and tickets, visit: http://www.whiskeygirl.com/nye2017.
Get buck wild with bull rides, boots and booze at the annual:
- Double Deuce New Year’s Eve Party! Ride into the New Year with four rooms of New Year’s fun, including two rooms of music and entertainment by DJ Jiffy. The “Buck Out 2016” event begins at 8 p.m. and pre-sale tickets are only $20. Bottle service and VIP table are available for parties of six and above. For more information and tickets, visit: http://www.doubledeucesd.com/nye2017.
Get transported to another century with in good old East County Yeehaw!
- Eastbound Bar & Grill’s Roaring 20’s New Years Eve party. The local bar turned speakeasy will have free glasses of champagne at midnight and a free bottle of bubbly for those who reserve a table. Spend a little extra on that feathered costume, because there is no cover all night.
Dust off those old yearbooks and Letterman jackets jackets and go back to High School for a night!
- Harbor Town Pub is gearing up for the New Year with their 80’s Prom Party. From prom arches and photo ops to corsages, this party will take you back to an era of thick shoulder pads and even bigger hair. Tickets are $20 and will include a hosted toast and a prom after party at local dive, Club Marina.
- The Hills in La Mesa wants to NYE party like it’s 1975 with their disco celebrations. Break out those bell-bottoms because there will be a champagne toast at midnight, DJs spinning vintage tracks and no cover all night long.
The biggest night of the year deserves the biggest parties of the year. Get your tickets and let these bars around San Diego treat you to a memorable start to 2017 (champagne popping included)! Popping bottles!
2016 vs. 2017 Resolutions
We all have things we would’ve liked to accomplish in 2016, maybe that gym membership didn’t get used how you would’ve hoped, or you didn’t book that dream vacation. Whatever wasn’t accomplished in 2016 can be written off or carried on into 2017. What’s great about the New Year you ask? A fresh start…
Make a list of goals that you see for yourself in 2017 and hold yourself accountable to reaching them in 2017. They may seem unattainable or hard but don’t give up. You can do it! The time is now, get after it.
Quickie Workout to bring in the New Year
We all want to start our days off right especially bring in the New Year with energy and spunk. Bring in the New Year with this effective, quick, and fun morning jump start workout brought to you by SHAPE Magazine. This was a fun at home workout I have done with my girlfriends before starting our daily routines.
Find the Perfect NYE Dress
Everyone deserves a little glitz and glam for the NYE celebrations. You can find some really affordable and cute dresses at the one and only Forever 21, they always bring the goods this time of year. Or try Express, or go for one of the more glitzy stars at the mall. Sequins and sparkles are highly recommended. I have a few of these dresses hanging up in my closet waiting to go out on the town.
So get dolled up, buy that dress you want, and have a blast with your friends and family. Cheers to 2017 and a safe & prosperous year to all.