Shake it up for National Martini Day
Everyone loves a good martini – It’s the perfect happy hour drink to sip on over chats and laughs with colleagues and friends. Two San Diego hotspots, International Smoke and Upper East Bar, are mixing up martinis that will have you channeling the Great Gatsby era. Below are recipes specially crafted by each venue that also appear on their menus. We can’t get enough of these exquisite cocktails. Re-create your own at home, or stop in and try one!
CHERRY WINE WINS!
Courtesy of International Smoke (opening in July)
- · 2oz St. George Terroir Gin
- · .5oz Tempus Fugit Alessio Bianco
- · .25oz maraschino liqueur
- · 2 dashes orange bitters
- · Absinthe rinse
Delight in clean, bright notes with a hint of decadent cherry licorice.
THE NEW GREEN DILL
Courtesy of Upper East Bar
- · 1oz You & Yours Sunday Gin
- · 1oz rabbit hole rye barrel gin
- · .25 luxardo maraschino liqueur
- · .25 dill sugar
- · 2 dashes celery bitters
The drink is very straight forward with dry, savory, crisp flavors. Light aromatics from fresh dill and spice from the barrel gin.