Cocktail Recipes for Memorial Day Weekend
It’s time for barbeques, beaches, backyard dinner parties and poolside cocktails. Yes, spring is here and summer is just around the corner. Whether grilling this Memorial Day or just taking some time to sit by the pool and enjoy the warm weather, Maker’s Mark has just the thing to delight and refresh.
The Maker’s Mark Spring-Time Manhattan cocktail will wake up those taste buds with a classic drink adapted to melt away the May gloom and, when entertaining lots of guests, try whipping up a batch of Maker’s Mark Fancy Bourbon Punch.
Spring-Time Manhattan Recipe
Recipe Created by Josh Lewis, General Manager and Mixologist, Blush (Santa Barbara, CA)
1 ½ parts Maker’s Mark
½ parts Maurin Quina Liqueur
1 bar spoon Stirrings Ginger
4 dashes Peychauds Bitters
1 heaping bar spoon of Orange Marmalade
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass.
2. Fill with ice and shake until frost forms on the tin.
3. Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
4. Garnish with a fresh orange twist.
Recipe by Matt Wallace, Mixologist, Seven Grand (Los Angeles, CA)
1 liter Maker’s Mark
1 cup granulated sugar
Peels of 3 lemons and 1 orange
Juice of peeled fruit
1 liter of strong tea (preferably green tea)
250 ml champagne (club soda can be used for a less fancy version)
Freshly grated nutmeg
1. Combine sugar and citrus peels in the bottom of a punch bowl. Muddle together until sugar starts to clump together. Let sit for about 2 hours, (while not necessary, this does add a little complexity).
2. Brew the tea for about 30 minutes, remove loose tea or tea bags, and allow to cool.
3. Add the juice of the peeled fruit, tea, and Bourbon. Stir.
4. Top with Champagne just before serving and stir gently. Top with freshly grated nutmeg and serve.
Special thanks to Maker’s Mark for the use of these special Memorial Day recipes.