San Diego Comic-Con is back from July 22-25 – Here’s the Schedule Highlights
Comic-Con International 2010 is headed to the San Diego Convention center in just a few days. The convention is set to take place July 22-25 and the preview night will be Wed. July 21.
The preview night allows attendees to get a sneak peek at games, programming, film screenings and the exhibition hall before the convention center is packed with gamers, comic lovers and pop-culture fanatics the following days.
The 41st San Diego Comic-Con takes place each year, displaying the countries popular comics, arts, films and science fiction. The convention has become one of the worlds largest international comic festivals and every year it grows setting record attendance.
With each passing year SDCC promises to get bigger and better, and this year it’s really going to be big. With nearly 126,000 attendees expected to flood the doors of the San Diego Convention Center, this years SDCC has prepared many special guests and events to look forward to.
The four-day-event schedule has officially been released to the public and the amount of events per day can be overwhelming. Here are some of the highlights for each day:
- “Megamind” at 10 a.m. in Hall H. Dreamworks animation debuts and presents audiences with footage from the movie out Nov. 5.
- “Tron: Legacy” at 11:15 a.m. in Hall H. An update of the 80’s sci-fi favorite which will be coming to theatres in December.
- “Red” at 2:15 p.m. in Hall H. A sneak peek of this comic series starring Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman.
- “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” at 3:30 p.m. in Room 6 BCF. Gamers can take a peek at the live demo of the game releasing in October.
- ‘The Expendables” 4:45 p.m. in Hall H. Lionsgate presents the inside scoop, scenes and cast of one of the biggest action movies of the summer.
- “Hawaii Five-O” at 10:15 a.m. in Room 6 BCF. Executive producers present a peek to the new version of the series set to debut this fall on CBS.
- “The Big Band Theory” at 12:45 p.m. in Ballroom 20. The sitcom stars will be sitting down for a discussion about the new show.
- Sony’s “The Other Guys” and “The Green Hornet” at 4p.m. in Hall H. Sony will present the stars of both these new films and sneak peeks.
- “True Blood” at 5:15 p.m. in Ballroom 20. A panel of cast members from the Vampire series will be at Comic-Con.
- Warner Bros “Green Lantern,” “Sucker Punch,” and “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows” at 11:45 a.m. in Hall H. Previews of “Green Lantern” and “Sucker Punch” will be taking place. And a star from the anticipated Harry Potter movie will be there!
- “Lost But Not Forgotten” at 6 p.m. in Room 8 will have the authors discuss the new ABC drama.
- Marvel Studios: “Thor” and “Captain America: The First Avenger” at 6 p.m. in Hall H. Previews of the upcoming comic-inspired films will be shown as well as possible star quests.
- “Smallville” at 10 a.m. in Ballroom 20. A panel of cast members and directors will be on hand to discuss the tenth and last season. This will be the show’s last Comic-Con appearance.
- Browncoats fan group at12 p.m. in Room 32 AB. This event is for fans of “Firefly” and “Serenity.”
- “Glee” at 1:30 p.m. in Ballroom 20. A few stars from the popular show will be in attendance as well as the shows executive producers.
As the convention grows in popularity, the Anime and Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival have moved to the Marriot Hotel and Marina. The San Diego Hilton Bay front will also be used for various programs. All events are considered first come, first served.
For further information on the San Diego Comic-Con International please visit comic-con.org.
Photo courtesy of kevindooley via Flickr.