Entertainment & Events
New Year Celebrations 2011
It may be a whole month away but San Diego is ready to celebrate the New Year! December 31 is sure to be a night difficult to forget…or maybe remember. The Entertainer is here for you–so don’t spend this night alone–come out and celebrate! Wineries and breweries alike have begun pre-selling tickets to the biggest parties of the year. Whether your drink be beer, wine or anything else that comes to mind, may your New Year’s Eve be celebratory:
- Stone Brewery’s New Years Eve Celebration: Toast this New Year with a good, local San Diego brewed beer, fresh from the tap at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens. The brewery and restaurant, located in Escondido, will be hosting its biggest party yet, ringing in 2011 with live music, buffet stations and flowing draft beer.
- The 2nd Annual Rhythm & Rio New Year’s Eve Gala: This celebration will take place at the South Coast Winery in Temecula. Benefiting Shriners Hospitals for Children, the gala will include the vocals of Grammy Award winning song stylist, Stephanie Mills, and Latin sensation, Son Mayor. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the party will last till 1 a.m. For more information check out their website.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Bacchus Wine Market: Wine and Champagne will mark this New Year’s celebration. The Bacchus will be serving samples of high-end wines from Piedmont, Burgundy, Bordeaux and the Napa Valley. Along with hors d’oeuvres, there will be a chocolate station to satisfy any sweet tooth. Cost is $90 and the night will begin at 9 p.m. Click here for more information.
- “Big Night San Diego” New Year’s Eve Gala at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront: Big Night San Diego is an all-inclusive event. Drinks and a buffet included, the partying will be accompanied by live entertainment through midnight. Right at San Diego’s waterfront, the event features twelve different party zones with twelve different themes. There also will be casino tables for party-goers to try their luck. For tickets click here.
- Del Mar Fairgrounds EPIC Night: This party will be hosted by the same folks who brought 4,000 people together for Halloween’s Heaven & Hell bash. The night will feature entertainment by the likes of Ferry Corsten and Afrojack. Tickets for general admission are $55 and prices are guaranteed to go up, so get your tickets early.
- Side Bar: This lounge is celebrating the New Year newly remodeled with a chic cocktail party. VIP tickets will be available that include a hosted bar from 9 p.m. to midnight with hors d’oeuvres and champagne to ring in the New Year. Prices range from $25 for general admission to $100 for VIP tickets.
- FLUXX: This club will be celebrating with DJ Sid Vicious and Rico DeLargo. Their newly remodeled location is decked out this winter season with snowy décor. Packages include bottle service. Tickets $100 in advance.
- Stingaree: Stingaree goes all out for NYE, with epic DJs and costumed cocktailers—always a memorable place to ring in the New Year. Prices range from $50 that buy you Friday entry to $70 that gets you both Friday and Saturday entry.
2011 is almost here, don’t forget to celebrate it with a bang!
Image from ahisgett via Flickr.