News

Lil Wayne Released from Jail After Eight Months

By  |

Rapper Lil’ Wayne was released from Rikers Island, after eight months in the slammer. Lil’ Wayne, who has an entire “Free Weezy” campaign on his side, was serving time on a gun possession charge. Dwayne Carter (also known as Weezy) is Lil’ Wayne’s real name and the namesake of his album, “Tha Carter” and “Tha Carter II.”

Wayne’s fans shouldn’t get rid of their Free Weezy shirts too quickly; Wayne still has to stop in Arizona to finish paperwork from a 2008 drug case. He’s not completely free from the legal system, but that hasn’t stopped an epic “Welcome Home, Weezy” bash being planned in Miami.

Wayne’s also rumored to be performing in Las Vegas with his Young Money protege, Drake. His music making hasn’t stopped since he was incarcerated; his eight months in jail including the release of his album “ I Am Not a Human Being” featuring other Young Money artists Nicki Minaj and Drake, on his 28th birthday. The young rapper also wrote letters to his numerous fans, maintaining his connection to the music world.

Music is integral to Weezy’s life, so much so that he was caught with an MP3 player in May, granting him solitary confinement for the rest of his stay, which incidentally was also shortened because of good behavior.

As noted on MTV.com, Bill Clinton said, “This guy’s smart. And he’s got abilities. And he’s got a new chance now. And what I hope is that this is not just something to brand him as a cool guy, but that it’ll never happen again to him.”

With Clinton and other fans on his side, he’s in a good place. Fans are very supportive as well, coming out to Rikers Island the morning of his release. MTV also reports that President Obama is also a fan of Weezy, “My rap palate has greatly improved. Jay-Z used to be sort of what predominated, but now I’ve got a little Nas and a little Lil Wayne and some other stuff.” So for all you Free Weezy fans out there…Weezy’s Free!

10 Comments

1. Francisca

November 5, 2010 at 12:12 pm

i don’t have much thing to say.all i have to say is that God should take of Lil wayne.

2. Robin H.

November 5, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Lil Wayne is an amazing poet who can now create without constraints or restraints! We are so happy that he is free!

3. d llanes

November 5, 2010 at 2:07 pm

lil wayne’s should come 2 pasco washington to perform he has a lot of fans here ima big fan
    “FREE WEEZY”

4. Babbulas

November 5, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Lil Wayne is an egotastic douchebag. I mean come on. His new album is called “I am not a human-being”. Suck my MUSE cock bitch

5. bon qui qui

November 5, 2010 at 4:49 pm

i love u weezy i’m so happy that you came out of jail already

6. Dee Dee

November 5, 2010 at 7:20 pm

lil wayne did his time and know he is refreshed and when ppl pressure him hes goin to do crazy shit so back the fuck off him and give the man some space im happy ur free to make more MUSIC

7. sumthin

November 6, 2010 at 5:41 am

Thank God am so happy My main man is out.. lil weezy … I love U weezy

8. Bobby

November 6, 2010 at 9:40 am

I’m on my way to Las Vegas on the plane right now to meet Lil Wayne and the Young Money crew thanks to my close friend Young Lo. This is going to be a night to remember for sure. Check out my newest artist Royal singing his first hot hit “Look Back Girls” on YouTube, I’m gonna try to

9. Bobby

November 6, 2010 at 9:44 am

Lil Wayne is part of the hottest music entourage in the world and i am so glad he is out of prison now, much love for you Weezy and I am bringing tons of well wishes from hundreds of fans from the ATL and from Ms. Peaches from New Orleans as well.

10. courtney e

May 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm

lil wayne is freakin amazing leave him a lone just cause you are a douch bag and you have no friends dont mean you should take it out on him your a deadset loser
    i freakin love lil wayne he is amaing and has the bstest music ……

esspecially mirror <3