Indoor activities in San Diego
Let’s face it, San Diego has one of the best climates in the United States. Even in April and May, when the weather is a bit rainy and overcast, San Diego still has so much to offer to keep you and your family entertained and active.
With a variety of visually stunning Pacific marine life, the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla also offers many exhibits, including ones that are interactive and hands-on, that are sure to entertain and educate. In addition, there are 60 different marine life habitats to compare and contrast throughout the Birch Aquarium, leaving you with hours of fun underwater explorations.
- Boundless Energy
- Feeling the Heat: The Climate Challenge
- There’s Something About Seahorses
- Whales:Voices in the Sea
- Coral Displays
- Hall of Fishes
- Tide Pool
Don’t let the rain prevent you from enjoying historical Balboa Park and its extensive list of Museums to choose from and explore.
- Centro Cultural de la Raza
- Marston House
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Reuben H Fleet Science Center – Great for Kids!
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Art Institute (SDAI)
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Hall of Champions
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Man
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Timken Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
- WorldBeat Center
Current Studio Workshops
- Cloud City
- Great Pacific Garbage CATCH
- Midden Monsters
- Paint Grove
- Vik Muniz Workshop: Pictures of Garbage
- Mikey’s Magnetic Mash-Up
- Test Kitchen
Gather the family and friends and head up to the Miramar Speed Circuit for indoor go-kart racing. With karts gaining speed up to 40 miles per hour and timed laps to keep score, compete and race other go-karters for exhilarating fun. For children 12 and under, Miramar Speed Circuit also offers a Jr Driving School to teach your youngsters the proper ways to use and race a go-kart.
When staying home on a rainy day runs its course, try indoor rock climbing to keep yourself active and fit. Vertical Hold offers beginner, group and private lessons for those interested in gaining professional training for the art of rock climbing.
For those inthralled with the idea of Skydiving but aren’t quite ready for the big leagues, try indoor Skydiving! This is the only 96-foot tall indoor skydiving wind tunnel on a Drop Zone in Southern California.