Justin Timberlake Tops the Charts
Justin Timberlake hits the top of multiple Billboard charts with album The 20/20 Experience.
See the rest of the top 10…
Billboard 200 chart:
- Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience (968,000)
- Kacey Musgraves, Same Trailer, Different Park (43,000)
- Bruno Mars, Unorthodox Jukebox (41,000)
- Luke Bryan, Spring Break … Here to Party (38,000)
- Pink, The Truth About Love (36,000)
- Imagine Dragons, Night Visions (29,000)
- Bon Jovi, What About Now (29,000)
- Original Soundtrack, “Les Miserables” (28,000)
- Mumford & Sons, Babel (27,000)
- Rihanna, Unapologetic (26,000)
In addition to hitting #1 this week, JT also holds the first position on the On-Demand Song chart, on the Radio Songs chart, and is in the top ten positions for Streaming, Digital Songs and Ringtones.
1st position on the Billboard 200 chart
1st position on the On-Demand Songs chart
3rd position on Radio Songs chart
4th position on Streaming Songs chart
10th position on Digital Songs chart
4th position on Ringtones chart
It’s not surprising to find JT sweeping success; his new album is truly a bold exploration of music. In The 20/20 Experience you’ll find complex sounds combining soul and jazz sounds with sweeping orchestral music, you’ll even find some ‘chopped and screwed’ hip hop variant thrown in for good measure. It may seem like a garble of music genres, but it somehow brilliantly works -and with only three of the ten songs under seven minutes, it’s clear that JT wanted to take his listeners on an musical wonder ride.
If you haven’t already checked out his album, you can listen to it for free on Spotify. Justin will be performing his hit songs along with Jay-Z in their tour “Legends of the Summer” beginning July 2013. In the meantime, his single “Mirrors” is making is building its presence in the radio waves. Check it out below: