Movies Opening this Week
So it’s been a long week and all you want to do is kick back and watch a good movie. Just one problem. You have no idea what to see. Well, whether you’re in the mood for a little comedy or something more serious, this weekend is the perfect time to go hit the movie theaters.
- If you’re looking for something far more easy going than last week’s mind boggling Inception look no further than Dinner for Schmucks. This film stars two of comedy’s heavy hitters, Steve Carell and Paul Rudd. Going to dinner with your friends? Why not play a little game and bring the biggest schmuck you can find. Tim (Rudd) finds IRS employee Barry (Carell) thinking he’s found the perfect guest, only to have his new friend send him through a series of comical misadventures.
- Kids want to see a movie too? Why not take them to see Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. With the likes of Neil Patrick Harris, Christina Applegate, Bette Midler, James Marsden, and Nick Nolte voicing these felines and canines, this is one movie your kids wont want to miss. Cats and dogs have always been old-aged enemies but when one feisty feline takes it too far, its up to the rest of the cats and dogs to put aside their differences and band together to stop this rogue cat in order to save themselves, and their humans.
- Based on a novel of the same name, The Extra Man, is a comedy about a failed playwright named Henry (Kevin Kline) and an aspiring writer named Louis (Paul Dano) who form a strange mentor-mentee relationship with one another. Henry teaches Louis the art of accompanying and entertaining wealthy older women in their fancy lives. All the while, Louis meets an environmentally conscious co-worker, Mary Powell (Katie Holmes).
- If you are done with the comedy and looking for something else that has a mix of romance and drama look no further than Charlie St. Cloud starring Zac Efron. Overcome by grief at the loss of his younger brother, Charlie St. Cloud has taken up a job as the caretaker of the cemetery in which his brother is buried. Through his special lasting bond, Charlie can see his brother, Sam. Every night they meet up to play catch and talk. One day, everything changes when Charlie must find the courage to let go of the past and go after the girl he loves.
- Mixing together a little drama and mystery is this weeks Get Low. Things get a little crazy when the town’s recluse decides to have a living funeral. No one really gets Felix Bush (Robert Duvall). The town has always been filled with all kinds of rumors surrounding Felix and the life he’s lived. Things start to get messy when the town is surprised by his request but in time, all secrets will be revealed when Felix tells the town exactly why he’s been alone for so long. Starring the likes of Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek, and Lucas Black, Get Low is filled with an extraordinary cast that wont disappoint.
Photos courtesy of neeta lind via Flickr, Tomdog via Wikimedia, and johanferreira15 via Flickr
← Previous Story Summer Movie Line-Up For Children of All Ages