Meet the New Cast of Dancing With the Stars Season 14
Some of the celebrities are known actors and actresses, others hold their fame in the music realm, and there are even a couple of athletes who have turned in their cross trainers for a pair of dancing shoes.
Tuesday morning the cast members’ names were released on the “Good Morning America” show. According to the Washington Post, “The official cast announcement was turned into quite the spectacle, as hundreds of screaming people lined the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles, waving signs and generally causing a frenzy as Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke Charvet announced the new cast and their pro dance partners for Season 14.”
Here is the list of the new celebrities and their dance partners that will be joining the show:
1) Sherri Shepherd, 44 – The actress and co-host of the talk show “The View” will be paired off with Val Chmerkovskiy.
2) Gavin DeGraw, 35 –The singer-songwriter known for his songs “Chariot” and “One Tree Hill’s” theme song “I don’t want to be” will now be dancing with Karina
3) Martina Navratilova, 55 – The tennis star and sports commentator will be paired up with Tony Dovolani.
4) Katherine Jenkins, 31 – The Wales opera singer, well known for her beautiful mezzo-soprano voice, is to be paired off with Mark Ballas.
5) Maria Menounos, 33 – The “Extra” co-host will be dancing in the show with Derek Hough.
6) Melissa Gilbert, 47 – The starlet who performed the role of Laura Ingalls in “Little House on the Prairie.” She will be partnered with the other Chmerkovskiy. That’s right, Maskim Chmerkovskiy is back.
8) Jack Wagner, 52 – Those who are soap opera fans will recognize him from “General Hospital” and “Melrose Place.” He will be partnered with Anna Trebunskaya.
9) Donald Driver, 37 – The Green Bay Packers wide receiver will be trading his cleats for his dancing shoes this season. The show has him scheduled to dance with Peta Murgatroyd.
10) Roshon Fegan, 20 – The star dancer on the new Disney hit series “Shake it Up” will be pairing his dance moves with Chelsie Hightower.
11) William Levy, 31 – The Cuban-American actor and former model is known for his appearance in the Jennifer Lopez video, “I’m Into You.” He will be making his appearance on the stage this time with Cheryl Burke.
12) Gladys Knight, 67 – The eight-time Grammy winner actress will be dancing with Tristan McManus.
The show is scheduled to premier on ABC on Monday night, March 14th at 8PM ET.
Photos courtesy of MingleMedia TV via Flickr. And Anthony Citrano, Angela George, Mark J Sebastion, and Dwightccann via WikiCommons.