“Dancing with the Stars” Recap
The season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars” kicked off with top-notch dance moves to routines that fell flat onstage. While the most unexpected stars shined and others ceased to, you can say that Monday night’s premiere of DWTS was an upheaval of sorts. Those who showed more suave and finesse with their dance moves, proved to be the contestants we all least expected would succeed.
Highlights of last night’s premiere included:
– The most interesting dancer of the night had to be Chaz Bono. The only child of Sonny and Cher and as the show’s first transgender contestant, as well as being forty-something and out of shape, Chaz was feeling the pressure. Yet despite all that, Chaz and partner Lacey Schwimmer cha cha cha’d “their way into judges and (possibly) America’s hearts,” reports Time Magazine.
– Former “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” star, Carson Kressley, also did not disappoint. Even though Carson was quoted saying that nobody was going to work harder than him “to compensate for [his] lack of talent,” he and his partner Anna Trebunskaya looked like they were having the most fun on the dance floor.
– Rob Kardashian’s number had to be the least interesting of all. Donning a tux, he and partner Cheryl Burke, danced “like a two-bit mobster who’s already been fitted with cement shoes,” said the Times.
– Elisabetta Canalis, George Clooney’s ex, and partner Val Chmerkovskiy’s routine started off on the wrong foot, so to speak. Hoping to bank on her sex appeal, their dance number started in a bed on stage with Canalis in a tiny outfit, and her shaking what her mama gave her, and bombing with that.
– Chynna Phillips, former Wilson Phillips singer performed a solid Viennese Waltz with partner Tony Dovolani. Fluid movements and graceful footwork all added up to her moving up in the judges’ favor.
– The Time’s voted J.R. Martinez and partner Karina Smirnoff as the “Couple Most Likely to Succeed.” A veteran turned actor, Martinez swept the floor with Smirnoff on his dance number.
Photo Courtesty of erangi2 via Flickr