Spring Beauty Trends and Tips By Makeup Artist Mimi J
This spring and summer is all about color play. Even for the most natural looks, there’s still a chance to add a slight pop of color to your look so check out these Top Five Trends and Tips for these seasons from Celebrity and Bridal Makeup Artist, Mimi J.
Mimi J Provides Perfect Beauty Trends and Tips:
- The cat’s meow: Yes, the cat eye is still here to stay. Keep your liquid and creme liners and pair it with a bright colored eye lid.
- Color play: The technicolors from the 80s are back. Bright colors and pastels are definitely in. Try a vibrant lilac, teal/sky blue, or bright orange in the eye lid area.
- Bronzed glow: this never seems to go out of style, though this time, pairing a bronzed/gold-toned eye along with a red or coral lip is hot. Also lightly contouring the face with a bronzer is a classic spring/summer hit.
- Outspoken: Bold colored lipsticks are making statement. Reds, hot pinks, and orange toned lip colors are on demand for these seasons.
- Luscious Lashes: Full lashes are a great compliment to the vibrant eye colors and heavy liner.
Here are the step-by-step guides:
Gucci look or Bronzed Glow
- Apply a gold/bronze shadow all over the lid.
- Apply a medium/warm brown shadow to the crease and below the waterline. Be sure to blend well.
- Line the lid with a dark brown eyeliner.
- Apply black mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Glide on a creme red or deep orange/coral lipstick.
Extras – apply a cream highlighter above cheeks and blend to temples. Add bronzer to the contour of your cheeks.
Soft Pastel look
- Apply a soft, satin-textured blue, green, or lilac shadow to the lid. Blend the color out to where the brow naturally ends as well as blending it up towards the brow.
- Layer a shimmery silver shade on the middle of the lid and extend to the inner corners of the eyes.
- Lightly apply a soft brown beneath the bottom waterline.
- Apply a coat of mascara on the top only.
- Sweep on a pale pink or soft peach blush for a “just been pinched” effect
- Glide on a nude lipcolor or lipgloss with a peach or pale pink tint to complete the look.
Extras – apply mascara to a few individual bottom lashes to open the eyes, yet still look natural.
- Prime the eye with a neutral or transparent eye base or primer.
- Apply bright or pastel color shadow to the lid.
- Blend with a lid brown shadow just above where the pastel color stops on the lid.
- Use a liquid liner and draw a line that gradually get thicker on the outer corner of the eyes.
- Line the waterline on the bottom lashline with a white or neutral color pencil.
- Apply a dark brown shadow just beneath the waterline on the bottom lashline.
- Apply a couple of coats of mascara on top and bottom lashes.
- Glide on a bright colored lipstick in either a shade or magenta, hot pink, or coral.
Extras – Apply a pair of faux lashes that are fuller on the outer ends.
Thank you Makeup Artist Mimi J for the trendy tips and Gucci and Dior for the Courtesy Photos.