Recipe – Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
As you know, cinnamon is antioxidant queen (and if you didn’t know, now you do) … and what better way to get your daily dose than through a cookie?
I found the recipe years ago in a magazine, but it has become my own design after years of tinkering it to the perfect balance of cinnamon and oats.
- 3/4cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4cupwhole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 3tbps apple butter
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1/2cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a larger bowl blend together apple, butter, butter,applesauce and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla- blend. Add oat mixture, blend well.
- Drop batter, 2tbsp lumps onto greased baking sheets(or on parchment paper-lined sheets).
- Bake 18 minutes, let cool.
A creative and health conscious journalist pursuing dual degrees in nutritional biochemistry and literature.