Herringbone La Jolla: Happy Hour By The Sea
2017 is off and running, and Herringbone La Jolla is swimming alongside. From 4-6PM every day, and all evening on Mondays, Herringbone is hosting Oyster Hour. Find a seat in the bar or lounge and enjoy $1 oysters, discounted small bites, and unique house-infused spirits.
You may remember Chef Brian Malarkey from Season 3 of Top Chef. His creativity won him the $10 aisle competition, where each contestant had to create a dish using products from only that aisle that totaled $10. He won the chef’s over with spam, corned beef hash, fried egg with onions, and a balsamic reduction. Now that’s impressive. Since then, this San Diego chef has appeared on the Food Network, Travel Channel, TLC, and was awarded as a winning mentor on ABC’s The Taste.
San Diego has been blessed with Malarkey’s visions that have inspired both Searsucker and the Herringbone “fish meats field” brand. His restaurants can now be found in Santa Monica, Las Vegas, Waikiki (opening soon), and Los Cabos (opening soon). His coastal menu is an absolute treat, and now San Diegans have the luxury of eating these fish-favorites for a fraction of the price!
Customers rave about Malarkey’s restaurants being more than just good food, they are an experience. Each location has a unique flare of wooden decor with an ambiance. Imagine real trees in the middle of the restaurant, hanging string lights, and exposed brick walls. You’ll definitely want to bring your friends with you to this one.
Make it a weekly habit to stop by Herringbone for a post-Monday-workday drink. Try their “El Nino Stormy”-Appleton rum, lime juice, bitters, and ginger beer. Or a house-infused Strawberry Jalapeno Tequila spirit. They have red and white sangria for only $6, daily draft beers for $5, well pours for $5, and a large selection of wines for $6 a glass. With a selection like that, there has to be something for everyone.
And where else can you get fresh-shucked oysters for just $1? Their oysters typically are priced at $3.50 each, so this oyster hour deal is indeed a steal! And don’t worry–there are a few options on the specials that are seafood free, for your friends that might not love the gifts of the sea as much as you do.
Here’s a peak of what you can expect:
Oyster Hour Menu:
- Fresh Shucked Oysters – Chef’s Choice ($1)
- Arancini Risotto Balls w/ three cheeses & herb aioli ($6)
- Mussels Tikka Masala w/ black baja mussels, cilantro, grilled flatbread ($10)
- Wood Fired Crusts w/ hand stretched mozzarella, parmesan, tomato, basil OR w/ fennel sausage, beech mushrooms, tomato, mozzarella, parmesan ($10)
- Fried Brussels & Candied Pecans ($6)
- La Jolla Aviation – Bulldog Gin, Maraschino, Crème Yvette, Lemon
- Mile High 75 – Skyy Blood Orange, Lemon, Simple, Cava
- Sand Trap – Skyy Citrus, Lemon, Sweet Iced Tea
- Espoloma- Espolon Tequila, Pamplemousse, Lime, Soda
- El Nino Stormy – Appleton Rum, Lime Juice, Bitters, Ginger Beer
Infusions – House Infused Spirits ($6)
- Strawberry Jalapeno Tequila
- Cucumber Gin
- Herbaceous Lemon Vodka
- Vanilla Vodka
- Strawberry Bourbon
- Choice of Red or White
- Daily draft selections
Well Pours ($5)
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Grigio
- Red Blend
- Cabernet Sauvignon
Call and make your reservation today.
7837 Herschel Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037