Amazing Peppermint Recipes for Your Next Holiday Gathering
Peppermint is a staple of the holidays, so why not impress your friends with your cooking skills by using one of the amazing peppermint recipes. Let us know how they turn out!
Peppermint-Chocolate Lava Cakes
Prep time: 30 min
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small saucepan, heat butter and chocolate over low heat until properly blended. Once done, stir, then transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, sugar, extract, and salt to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in flour, then pour mixture into 6-oz. Custard cups
- Place cups on baking sheet then bake for 10-12 minutes until thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove, let stand for 1-minute, then lightly dust with confectioners sugar and enjoy!
Frozen Peppermint Delight
Prep time: 25-minutes + freezing
- 1 package (14.30 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 containers (1-1/2 quarts each) peppermint ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press mixture into an ungreased 13 x 9-in. Dish. Spread ice cream over crust and top with whip cream. Cover and freeze until solid.
- Before serving, drizzle with hot fudge topping, and sprinkle with some peppermint candy.
Prep time: 20 min + 1-1.5 hour baking time
Serves: 3 dozen
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 regular-size peppermint candy canes (one green, one red), crushed
- Place egg whites in a medium bowl, and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 225°. Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites and beat until foamy. Gradually add sugar to mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high. Continue to beat until mixture is stiff and glossy peaks form.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag, and transfer egg white mixture to bag. Pipe in 1-inch cookies 2-inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with red and green peppermint.
- Bake until firm but now brown. Let cool completely before eating.