10 Date Nights You Need To Try
February may be the most romantic month, but it doesn’t mean that the romantic dates need to stop—in fact, they shouldn’t! Dates stimulate energy and liveliness in relationships. They can be packed with adventure or filled with romance, and they’re a healthy alternative to sitting on the couch for a repetitive movie night. Because we want you and your relationships to thrive, we’ve compiled a list of ten date ideas in three different categories for you and your special someone to try.
- A View That’s To Die For—Ride the elevator up forty floors to the Top of the Hyatt bar and lookout point. Stare at incredible views of Coronado and the Downtown Skyline while sipping on a Strawberry Rhubarb Gimlet. Arrive early enough to watch the sun set over the bay while eating from a delectable meat and cheese board. Or, come after dinner and celebrate your relationship with a glass of bubbly champagne.
- Audience Participation—Turn up the volume as you enter inside the entertainment capitol of San Diego, Shout House! Rock ‘N Roll, sing-along, dueling pianos—what more could you want? Make sure to come in prepared with your requests for songs for the pianists to bang out while the crowd collaborates with song. Instantly turn your date night into a party, and make the memories into the night.
- Camping Indoors—Go camping for a few hours at Carlsbad’s new outdoorsy restaurant, Campfire. Sit on their outside patio next to a fire pit, take pictures next to teepees, or enjoy communal table seating next to large piles of chopped wood. Dishes include smoked ocean trout, ceviche, and short rib. Make a trip to REI beforehand and begin planning a camping trip out in the wild this spring. And don’t worry, Campfire has s’mores so you can end your sweet night with your tastebuds satisfied.
- Top Of The World—Another restaurant with a woodsy flare is the Bellows restaurant in San Marcos. Enjoy a night of upscale, farm-to-table dining at an eatery that’s known for its “old world feel.” Eat your heart out and then mosey to Top of the World, which is a short drive behind the restaurant. Gaze at the night sky with a view of the city lights while holding each other tight. This is a night you won’t forget.
- Treasure Hunting—Are you tired of the same ol’ dinner-date routine? Try something new! Although Geocaching has been around for quite some time, it still brings new adventure every time. Download the geocaching app and explore the grounds of Balboa Park whilst finding treasures along the way. Create a team logo and have stickers made beforehand to leave as a gift in exchange for the trinkets you find. This date can be repeated as often as you like, because each unique experience offers a new trail to walk, mountain to climb, or tree roots to dig through.
- Brews & Bikes—Find a neighborhood you haven’t explored yet in San Diego and go on a brewery and bike tour! There’s bound to be a brewery in every neighborhood, and Deco Bikes can be found all over San Diego. Find a good spot to park your car, grab a bike, drop it off once your tour is over, then uber back to your car when you’re done! See your town from a different perspective while riding a bike, and take Instagram-worthy pictures of you and your date. Tag each of the breweries that you stop at and inspire others to try the adventure too!
- Ferry & Exploration—Park your car at the Embarcadero and take the ferry across the bay to Coronado. Rent a bike or walk along the pathways that wind through the town. Dream of your desired future house, as you walk through the enchanting neighborhood and learn something new about one another! The ferry ride alone is a great adventure, allowing the wind to run through your hair as you ride the serene waves. Ride back at sunset for an amazing view of the pink and purple sky setting against the crashing waves.
Head Out Of Town
- Mountain Trek—Take your date night out of town, and head up the mountain to Julian. Hike up Volcan Mountain Wilderness Preserve, eat a slice of apple pie, and sit on the outdoor patio of Nickel Brewery. End the night with some live music at Wynola Pizza and enjoy the stars as you make your way back to the city.
- Wine & Dine—Cruise up to Temecula for a tour through the gorgeous wine country. Enjoy the old-town feel of their downtown, with an assortment of shops and eateries, while picking the wineries you want to check out. Go out in style with a planned tour and sunset limo ride, or create a list of your own! Temecula Wines has organized a self-guided tour option, placing wineries in categories to help make your selection just the way you want it.
- Island Getaway—Ready to go even further? Take a ferry to Catalina Island and plan a day of zip-lining, massages, or deep sea diving. In 2017, you can get a 2-for-1 pass for the ferry across on your birthday. Plan ahead and get discounted rates on your hotel room and activities. Groupon usually offers some sort of deal throughout the year as well, to give you the adventures you are looking for at a fraction of the price.
Which one will you try first?