Chef Roblé Ali is star of Bravo’s TV show Chef Roble & Co. In the show, we watched him cater some of the biggest events in New York City with his high-end catering company. He grew up in Texas and was always fascinated with food and cooking. He showed talent in the kitchen at a young age after learning from his grandfather, Jesse Harris, who was a professional chef. He enrolled at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, and quickly became identified as one of the hottest up-and-coming chefs.
He has worked side by side many notable chefs and was hired by nightlife mogul, Noah Tepperberg, to be the executive chef and design the menu at Avenue, a popular gastro-lounge in New York City.
Chef Roble has shared a great chili recipe with us, and we hope you’ll add chili to your next barbecue soiree. It’ll make a great addition.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serve: 4 people
· 1 tablespoon of oil
· 1 lbs Ground beef
· 1 C Diced onion
· 4 cloves Minced garlic
· 1 each Diced poblano pepper, deseeded
· 1 each Diced jalapeño pepper, deseeded
· 1 each Diced chipotle pepper in adobo, add more to increase level of heat
· 1.5 Tablespoons of Chili powder
· 1 Tablespoon of Ground cumin
· 1 Tablespoon Ground coriander
· .5 Tablespoons of Smoked paprika
· .5 Tablespoons of Dried oregano
· .25 tsp Ground cinnamon
· .25 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
· 2 Tablespoons of Tomato paste
· 1 15 oz can Crushed tomatoes
· 1 Cup of Beef stock or water
· 1 each 15.5 oz can Kidney beans, rinsed
· 1 each 15.5 oz can Pinto beans, rinsed
· .5 Cups of Thin sliced scallions
· 1/3 Cup Chopped cilantro
· Salt to taste
Add onions, garlic, poblano chili, jalepeño, chipotle, tomato paste and all the spices into a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes.
Add ground beef into the pan and cook until browned, about 8 minutes, making sure to break up the beef into small pieces. Season with salt.
Add in crushed canned tomatoes and beef broth, and allow to cook for 25 minutes.
Add in the kidney beans and pinto beans. Add more liquid if the chili gets too thick and allow to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Taste and adjust salt if needed. Garnish with scallions and cilantro.